Crystal Retinal 1
Stable Retinal Night Serum Gentle-Strength Vitamin A
Our entry level gentle-strength vitamin A, is ideal for those who have really sensitive skin or are looking to incorporate a low strength but highly effective vitamin A serum in their routine.
0.01% Encapsulated Retinaldehyde.
Crystal Retinal 3
Stable Retinal Night Serum Medium-Strength Vitamin A
The entry point for those who are new to vitamin A or have tried mild retinol formulas and the answer to those looking to prevent early signs of skin ageing.
0.03% Encapsulated Retinaldehyde.
Crystal Retinal 6
Stable Retinal Night Serum Super-Strength Vitamin A
Perfect for those who are wanting to upgrade their high-strength retinol results.
0.06% Encapsulated Retinaldehyde.
Crystal Retinal 10
Stable Retinal Night Serum Ultra-Strength Vitamin A
A high-performance anti-ageing serum for those looking to boost the results of Crystal Retinal 6.
We strongly recommend starting on lower strengths of Crystal Retinal if you have not used retinaldehyde before.
0.10% Encapsulated Retinaldehyde.
- Retinol has similar effects to retinoic acid, however it must first be converted to retinaldehyde and then to retinoic acid to be used by the skin. Crafted with retinaldehyde,
- Crystal Retinal requires just one conversion to retinoic acid. This means that it is able to produce results comparable to retinoic acid up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol. The advanced active is carefully encapsulated in a crystal structure that is broken down by the skin’s natural enzymes when topically applied. This ensures maximum stability and absorption while allowing the vitamin A active to be released gradually into the skin while you sleep for minimal irritation. G. Seigenthaler et al., Biochemical Journal, 1990, 268, pp 371-378
- Combined with hydrating hyaluronic acid and skin-soothing vitamin E, Crystal Retinal targets fine lines and wrinkles for smooth and visibly youthful skin. Unlike other forms of vitamin A, retinaldehyde boasts direct, powerful antibacterial properties. This allows it to target acne-causing bacteria; promoting a healthy, visibly clear complexion.
- After cleansing in the evening, massage a small amount of Crystal Retinal across the face, neck and décolletage.
- Allow to absorb before applying your moisturiser. Crystal Retinal application should be phased in gradually, and only use in the evening.
- Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other night for the next 2 weeks, then every night.
- Always wear sunscreen the following morning while using this product, and for 1 week after. Consult a doctor if breastfeeding or pregnant.
With a unique ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times its own weight in water, hyaluronic acid draws moisture from the surrounding atmosphere into the skin, leaving the complexion feeling both nourished and supple.
An oil-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E can quench free radicals on the skin while stabilising retinaldehyde for optimal power.
As a natural humectant, glycerin traps water within the skin to leave it hydrated and comfortable.
Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cyclodextrin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinal, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Sodium Polyaspartate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Dipteryx Odorata (Tonka) Bean Extract, BHT, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyacetophenone, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Isostearic Acid, Lecithin, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Stearic Acid, Coumarin, CI 14700 (Red 4).
*Although we try our best to ensure this list of ingredients is accurate there may be product upgrades from time to time, or slight variants between different regions based on local laws, meaning the only definitive ingredient list is that which is printed on the product packaging.
Crystal Retinal is formulated with stabilised retinal, a powerful derivative of vitamin A with next-generation anti-ageing results. Unmatched in its age-defying power, retinal can deliver results comparable to clinical-grade vitamin A up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol.(1)
The ground-breaking overnight serum visibly minimises fine lines and wrinkles; firming and plumping the complexion to resurface skin texture and soften the face. Featuring hyaluronic acid, glycerin and vitamin E, it hydrates skin at every level to deliver a supple, even-toned, more youthful-looking complexion. More than that, it actively helps reduce blemish-causing bacteria to keep skin clear and balanced. In just 4 weeks, skin is noticeably younger, smoother and undeniably radiant.(2)
1 G. Seigenthaler et al., Biochemical Journal, 1990, 268, pp 371-378
2 Independent user trial carried out over 8 weeks using Crystal Retinal 6. Individual results may vary.
Boost the results of Crystal Retinal
Visit a Medik8 specialist for a detailed skin consultation and experience one of our relaxing anti-ageing facial treatments.
Our signature facial. A true treatment innovation delivering visible and immediate rejuvenating results. Platinum powder and haritaki superfruit are blended with lifting polysaccharides to visibly plump and firm skin, revealing a more youthful and radiant looking complexion.
Rewind Professional Skin Peel
A targeted peel that helps to promote collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It fades away imperfections, leaving the skin visibly smoothed and rejuvenated.