Reduces Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Bakuchiol Peptides helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve overall skin texture and tone. The conditioning serum is incredibly soothing and calming on the skin, helping to visibly reduce any inflammation and redness. Visibly plumped and supple, the skin is left feeling soft and smooth.
Soothing on the Skin
The conditioning serum is incredibly soothing and calming on the skin, helping to visibly reduce any inflammation and redness. Visibly plumped and supple, the skin is left feeling soft and smooth.
Perfect for Expecting & Nursing Mums
A clinically proven alternative to retinol that is ideal for those that can’t use vitamin A – eg when pregnant or nursing* as it is not recommended during this time.
- Bakuchiol is a clinically proven alternative to retinol; while molecularly it has no structural resemblance to retinoids, a recent study by the British Journal of Dermatology has found that bakuchiol is comparable to retinol in anti-ageing effects, and is better tolerated than retinol (read our blog to find out more). It is the perfect alternative for those who cannot use vitamin A. Able to prevent and restore premature ageing, it helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Bakuchiol’s ability to minimise melanin synthesis is combined with blocking the inflammatory pathways within the skin, resulting in a visibly calmed and even skin tone.
- Brightening peptide precursors penetrate the skin with ease, blocking the production of pigment in the skin, resulting in a visibly brighter, more even complexion with less hyperpigmentation.
- Centella asiatica helps to stimulate the production of collagen and is perfect for visibly soothing and calming inflamed, sensitive skin.
- Inka omega oil is rich in omegas 3, 6 and 9, and is able to slip into the gaps in the stratum corneum to restore the skin’s natural barrier and block moisture loss. While bakuchiol naturally has short-term photostability, meaning it can be used day and night, the formula has also been optimised for true long-term photostability; contained in a UV-protected glass bottle and infused with photo-stabiliser krameria triandra root extract within the formula.
- There are some types of customers who are unable to use vitamin A; such as pregnant and nursing mothers*, those with sensitivities to vitamin A and those with extremely sensitive skin. Bakuchiol is an alternative to vitamin A to complete a customer’s CSA routine if they cannot use vitamin A.*Of course, due to ethical considerations the Bakuchiol Peptides formula has not been tested on pregnant women, but there is nothing in the formula which is known to be an issue (eg vitamin A or high levels of exfoliating acids). If you are at all concerned, always consult your doctor.
- After cleansing in the morning and evening, massage 6 drops of Bakuchiol Peptides across the face, neck and décolletage.
A clinically proven alternative to retinol, bakuchiol helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production, smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Incredibly gentle, it is suitable for those that cannot usually tolerate vitamin A.
Brightening Peptide Precursors
A lipo-amino acid that can penetrate the natural skin barrier with ease. They stop the action of MSH (melanin stimulating hormone), therefore blocking the production of melanin, for a visibly brighter and even skin tone.
A naturally-derived anti-inflammatory with incredible wound healing benefits on the skin.
Inka Omega Oil
One of the highest, organic sources of omegas among natural seeds. The natural oil can slip into the gaps between skin cells in the stratum corneum to restore the skin’s natural barrier and block moisture loss.
FULL INGREDIENT LIST Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Bakuchiol, Krameria Triandra Root Extract, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Ocimum Basilicum Flower/Leaf Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil.
“Bakuchiol has short-term photostability, therefore it can be used in the morning throughout the day. However, through laboratory testing we have discovered that bakuchiol loses its activity when exposed to sunlight over a period of a few months. Therefore, we have taken a dual-actioned preventative approach to keeping our formula stable in the long-term. Bakuchiol Peptides is housed in a UV-protected glass bottle, to protect the formula from photooxidation which can eventually cause a significant loss in performance. The UV-light stabilising coating on the bottle targets the UV rays before they can cause any damage, absorbing the highly energetic UV light and then dissipating the energy. Photo-stabiliser krameria triandra root extract on the other hand, works to absorb any UV which penetrates through the packaging, protecting the bakuchiol molecule within the formula.”
Daniel Isaacs, Medik8 Director of Research
Boost the results of Bakuchiol Peptides
Visit a Medik8 specialist for a detailed skin consultation and experience one of our relaxing facial treatments.
A professional treatment to soothe and comfort sensitised, irritated skin. The unique application of the calming bio-cellulose mask enriched with zinc and hyaluronic acid caresses the face to restore comfort levels. Feelings of tightness and inflammation disappear revealing visibly calm, even and radiant skin.
Sensitive PHA Professional Skin Peel
A new addition, this peel is for extremely sensitive or redness-prone skin to visibly smooth skin texture and help promote a stronger skin barrier.